PURCHASING AND RECEIVING ASSISTANT
START DATE: Immediate. Position currently open.
DESCRIPTION: The Purchasing and Receiving Assistant works in coordination with the Shop Manager and the Executive Chef to ensure quantity and quality control of all food-related materials. Reports directly to Shop Manager. This is a non-supervisory position.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of all food and food-related supplies;
- Monitor quantity and functionality of tools and equipment;
- Create and place food orders based upon class requisitions against inventory;
- Receive orders;
- Maintain standard of quality control on food-related and food storage items;
- Track temperature logs and shelf stock tags;
- Maintain invoice filing system and all associated purchasing paperwork;
- Build ingredient bins for cooking classes;
- Facilitate class set up for assistants;
- Other duties as assigned.
- ServSafe Certified;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Superior organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Exhibit strong initiative and ability to work independently.
Optional but Preferred:
- Previous restaurant purchasing preferred.
Please send coverletter, resume, two professional references, and your availability to: Shop@BaltimoreChefShop.com