HOURS: P/T. Shifts average 5.5 hours per class. Classes typically run on weeknights and on weekends. Weekend shifts available mornings, afternoons, and evenings.
START DATE: Immediate. Positions currently open.
DESCRIPTION: Our dynamic team of Kitchen Assistants provides essential support to the Chef instructors before during and after the classes run. The Kitchen Assistants report directly to Shop Manager. This is a non-supervisory position.
- Setting up equipment and ingredients for the class;
- Greeting and checking students into their class;
- Helping with class flow and assisting the Chef Instructor during the class,
- Post class clean up;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to anticipate and identify the needs of the Chef;
- Ability to take instruction;
- Willingness to learn systems and to interact with clients and staff in a friendly and cooperative manner.
- Must be available during spring and holiday breaks around winter holidays, summer months
Optional but Preferred:
- Previous experience in customer service and in the food and/or hospitality field is a plus.
Please send coverletter, resume, two professional references, and your availability to: Shop@BaltimoreChefShop.com