COOKING CLASS ASSISTANT
HOURS: P/T. Shifts average 5.5 hours per class. Classes typically run on weeknights and on weekends. Weekend shifts available mornings, afternoons, and evenings.
START DATE: Immediate. Positions currently open.
DESCRIPTION: Our dynamic team of Cooking Class Assistants provides essential support to the Chef instructors before during and after the classes run. The Class Assistants report directly to Shop Manager. This is a non-supervisory position.
- Setting up equipment and ingredients for the class;
- Greeting and checking students into their class;
- Helping with class flow and assisting the Chef Instructor during the class,
- Post class clean up;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to anticipate and identify the needs of the Chef;
- Ability to take instruction;
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Willingness to learn systems and to interact with clients and staff in a friendly and cooperative manner.
- Must be available during spring and holiday breaks around winter holidays, summer months
Optional but Preferred:
- Previous experience in customer service and in the food and/or hospitality field is a plus.
Please send coverletter, resume, two professional references, and your availability to: Info@BaltimoreChefShop.com