3-4 pounds pork shoulder
1 tablespoon sea salt (or red Hawaiian Sea Salt) or Kosher salt
1 ½ tablespoon liquid smoke
1 fresh pineapple (small dice)
1 red bell pepper (fine diced)
¼ cup red onion (fine dice)
1 minced chipotle pepper (from can)
1 handful of cilantro leaves (minced)
Red cabbage (thinly sliced)
1 - 1½ cups of BBQ sauce (optional)
1. Remove excess fat from pork, pat dry, rub with salt and place in a slow-cooker. Pierce the pork generously with a fork. Pour liquid smoke. Cook for 6-8hours
2. Once done, shred the pork with two forks
3. To prepare the salsa: core and slice of the exterior of 1 whole pineapple. Chop pineapple into small pieces.
4. Add pineapple to a large bowl with red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro leaves and chipotle pepper and mix together. Refrigerate until serving.
5. Thinly slice red cabbage and slice 1 jalapeño (optional)
6. Assemble tacos: place pork, pineapple salsa, sliced cabbage, jalapeño and bbq sauce on a corn tortilla