The most wonderful time of the year is officially here. With that being said, let the baking begin. If you are looking to add something new to your baking list or to enjoy with a cup of coffee on a chilly day, this simple Rosemary Shortbread Cookie recipe is for you.
· 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
· 1 ½ -2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
· ¾ teaspoon salt
· 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
· 2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
· 1-2 tablespoon of sanding sugar for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
3. In a bowl, whisk together flour, rosemary and salt.
4. In a stand mixer, beat the softened butter and sugar on low to medium speed while slowly adding in the flour mixture. Blend until the texture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Form the dough into two balls. Roll each dough ball flat (~1/4 inch) between two pieces of parchment paper.
6. Place the rolled dough into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
7. Cut the dough with a cookie cutter (of your choice) and transfer cut-outs to the prepared cookie sheets. Roll the scraps and repeat.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes. [Note: Do now allow cookies to brown]. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack
9. Sprinkle sanding sugar (optional)